What are you looking for?
Thursday, August 22, 2019

Hello 3rd Trimester





Welcome back friends, guess what.... As of today I am officially 30 weeks pregnant. I have been looking forward to my 3rd trimester since the beginning of this pregnancy😃. We are T-minus 2 months away until baby S5 makes her big arrival. Now I know I was supposed to give you all a 2nd Trimester update, but there was very little difference from the 1st. I was placed on bedrest for 2weeks because I developed an Irritable Uterus. This was very new to me and I was in so much pain.
Honestly I am just relieved that all of the morning sickness, the cramping, shedding of my uterine lining (TMI), low appetite and pure exhaustion is now behind me. 

How I've been physically:
1. From my last check up on 8/21 I have lost a total of 12 lbs since the beginning of my pregnancy. Baby S5 is still growing at the rate she is supposed to be. She is actually 3oz over her target weight. So apparently she is getting all of the nutrients she needs. I do not have much of a pregnant woman's appetite. I don't eat Sweets or Snacks, I have little to no cravings. I eat my required 3 meals a day plus crackers and water if I start to feel light headed.

-I failed my glucose test on 8/5 and had to take the 3hour version on 8/21. Listen to me when I say this... I HATE NEEDLES!! Any time I've needed blood drawn I always bring hubby for support. I cry (LIKE A BABY), and I start to hyperventilate. So the 3hr test consisted of them taking blood 4xs. 1 when I first arrived after fasting for 8hr. Then 1 every hour for 3 hours after. Needless to say that when I left my eyes were puffy like a blow fish from bawling and my arms and hands were to tender for me to even move them. 


2. My energy is slowly coming back now. I seriously felt like I've slept through my first 2 trimesters. I was alwayssssss in need of a nap. I was even dozing off mid conversation with hubby or on the phone with family. I can finally say that I am able to last an entire day with out taking a nap. 


3. Sex... ohhh yes I said SEX!! Has been the only thing I CRAVE Everything about my husband makes me want to jump on him lol. Its gotten a little difficult with the bump in the way, but we do not give up!! We have gotten very creative with positions and thank God for my midwife who gave us some great reading materials to help. I know Rodney is living up all his husbandly fantasies this pregnancy lol. 

Emotionally:

1. Now I wouldn't say that I was cranky (maybe hubby would say that, but I wouldn't lol). What I will say is that I have been more Irritable than usual. Yep that's its "Irritable". I have also found myself crying over food. So sad. ------->

2. Did I mention that I've been Horny?? Yep I think I did...
Moving on.


Baby:
1. Baby S5 has been kicking and rolling and really getting adjusted to her arms and legs lol. She especially Loves her dads voice. She seems to enjoy when Sydnie talks to her and my boys are just loving the fact that they can feel her move inside of me. 

2. Baby S5 also passed her anatomy scan. Brain, Kidneys, Lungs, Heart, Arms and Legs are all growing at the correct pace. Thank you JESUS. 



The Family:
They are all very excited. We are going to be taking a family CPR class and a Newborn Support class in September. My boys were all born back to back 06, 07, & 08. They were very little when I was pregnant with Sydnie and cant remember anything before she was 1yr. Now that they are tweenagers they are very interested in all things baby. The newest discussion in the house is who gets to do skin to skin with the baby when she is born. They ALL want too. 

Since she is due while school is in session they have all requested to be excused from school so they can stay at the hospital with me the day of her birth. We're still trying to plan a way for them not too miss the big day. 

Some one always wants to buy something for her. We cannot leave a store with out passing through the baby section and them telling me that we need every little gadget or blanket or pacifier that they see. Every one has their own idea of what they want her baby corner to look like and what colors they want for her.
It warms my heart that they are all so excited. I pray this enthusiasm stays even after she comes and she starts crying up a storm lol. 


Am I the only one who waits until you are in the 3rd trimester to start buying baby gear?



I guess its from all the old island wives tales that I've been told through out my life. We just don't shop until baby is almost done. Honestly Rodney is doing more of the shopping this time around. He wants every single thing he sees and I'm the one taking things out of the cart and putting it back on the shelf. I am a bit more picky with colors, styles and the season she will be born into.


But I can say that I have fallen head over heels for this 'Evenflo' stroller and car seat set from target. This will be our only big purchase for the baby. My Dad is on crib duty and my Mom is on Dresser/changing table. 


I am now looking forward to my baby shower that my God mother, Mom, and Mom in law are planning for us. I am not in on the details, so I cant give any. I have only been told just to show up and look beautiful lol. I will make sure to post a video on my YouTube Channel from the shower. 

Well thank you for coming to chat with me. I Hope I was able to put a smile on your face today. I pray you come back to visit me again soon. Same time next week? You bring the tea and I will bring the treats.

With Blessings & the Peace of God,

xoxo, Chevonne. 




 







Add your comment

@this.is.me_chevonne

overflow: hidden; }