What are you looking for?
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Revamping My Daughters Room on a Budget 


Well with this being My Second Blog in One week (Goals) lol. I decided to share with you all my personal project of redecorating my Daughter's <Sydnie> room. For now she shares a room with My youngest son <Shayne>. Now that she is approaching big girl status, and by that I mean 5yrs old going on 13. She didn't want her Minnie mouse theme any more.

Her exact words "Mommy I'm getting bigger and I want a Big Kids room"!!

Who can say no to that cute formal request? NOT I!!!

So for 1 month, I planned out a décor/color scheme. Keeping in mind that she shares this room. Hubby and I decided on Pink and Black, since our son has Red and Black Star wars going on already. We set a Budget of 150$. A budget is KEY!! you will get carried away if one is not in place.

I purchased a Parisian Themed Twin Bed set From Walmart online 35$.
We also purchased white and black chevron Curtains for 15$, also from Walmart.  
I am still in the process of repainting their dresser. When the room is Complete I will upload a quick video.

Even with all that we have done so far I still felt that its wasn't complete it was lacking a little Pizazz!! So one night while strolling around on Pinterest, I came across this BEAUTIFUL Disney princess silhouette in Picture Frame.   
Can You say PIZAZZ!!
It was Like the heavens opened and the angels were singing (cue angelic voices).
Ok so it wasn't exactly like that, But that's how it felt to me. ;-). The Next day I hit up Michaels Craft store and Office Depot to print out the Princess's. I ended up having to spray paint the picture frames black, because they weren't dark enough for the look we were going for.


Here is the Finished Product.......

Lets Just say this Momma felt pretty, pretty, pretty good about Finally Completing my weekend, turned weekday Project.

Now If I can Just Hang them already ;-(
God Bless and see you all next week!!
Happy Crafting!! 







 

Add your comment

@this.is.me_chevonne

overflow: hidden; }