What are you looking for?
Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Dinners & Desserts made with LOVE.



Welcome back chickies, oh how I've missed you. I hope you brought some tea because I have some sweet treats for you today. 

For those of you who don't know, February is my 3rd favorite month of the year. I get excited for all the warm, gushy, mushy love feelings that tug at our heart strings. The way the stores fill their windows with heart shaped balloons, delicious chocolates, flowers that fill the air with their rich aromas, love letters from that special someone. Lets not forget my ultimate favorite, the amazing Bra and Pantie sets that go on sale (Thanks Victoria 😉).

 February also gets me so excited for BLACK HISTORY MONTH ✊✊. The richness of my history, and getting to teach our kids about all of the men and women who look just like us, who contributed to our cultures growth and success. Schools tend to focus on only a few men and women every year. As their mother I know its my duty to teach them about all the other way makers who tend to get left out.

But For today we are just going to focus on the warm and gushy feels of Valentine Day. This year V-day falls on a Thursday (uggghhhh) & Like most of the world we all have to work and our kids also have school. Hubby and I wont officially celebrate until the following Friday night, and some people not until Saturday night.

So about 3 years ago I started a mini tradition in our family for the years that Valentine day falls on a workday. I plan and execute a fun & relaxing pre-Valentine Day dinner. This dinner includes the kids. We love them more than our words could ever express, So I wanted to have them feel extra special on this day of Love.

I make a delicious 3 course meal, our daughter sets the table & we decorate the with fresh roses and all things heart shaped. Sharrod (our oldest) lights the candles for the table and around or home. Samir (our 2nd son) helps to make our special Love punch, and Shayne (our youngest Son) places the red napkins and silverware on the table as well as our glasses. All of them help with the desserts. 
See everyone plays a part!!

When dinner is served we turn off all of our gadgets and focus on our family and the Love we all share. The kids like to hear the story of how Rodney and I met, that story seems too never get old lol. We talk about the love they will have in the future with their wives and husband. Most importantly we talk with them about the greatest love that they would ever experience, The Love of Jesus Christ.


So I wanted to share with you all some of the fun dinner & dessert recipes that we whip up for our at home V-day dinner. I hope this gives you some inspiration for you own at home V-day dinner. Make sure to tag me on IG so we can celebrate together. ENJOY...


Corn Relish Salad


About 3 yrs ago Rodney took me to Brimstone for one of our date nights. I tried the most amazing dish 'Corn Relish Salad'.
Mmmm my mouth still waters even thinking about it.
I went home and searched for the best recipe. I've had trail and error since then. But I found the closes match to brimstone. Trust me when I say this is BOMB!!!!


Cheddar Biscuits (Heart shaped)


Now This recipe is simple and taste soooo good. Follow the Instructions on the box and then shape biscuits with your heart shaped cookie cutter. You can purchase this at your local grocery store.  


Spinach & Mushroom stuffed ravioli.



This dish is our second course. Its also mostly for my Husband as well as myself because our kids aren't to keen on spinach and or mushrooms.


I prefer to make the stuffed ravioli from scratch and its very simple. I got the recipe from the food network years ago and its still one of our favorite go to meals. Quick tip, I add seasoning to my spinach and mushroom mix before I stuff them. I'm going to make this with my creamy Alfredo sauce & shrimp. I also use my heart shaped cookie cutter to shape them. This dish is so delicious, thank me later. 


Heart Shaped Pizza


Yep, This one is just for the kids. If you choose to
make it from scratch it is very simple and so much fun when you get the kids involved. If your pressed for time Pizza hut, Papa Johns, Dominos and most pizzerias are willing to make and cut your pizza order into a heart if you ask. This year I'm going to get ours from a local pizzeria to save some time.



 Owwww, That's Sweet!!  

      

]]

1. Guava Cupcakes
  • My low key famous guava cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I made this in one of my past YouTube video with step by step directions. Click the link and indulge. Guava Cupcakes
2. Pillsbury Valentine cookie sandwiches.
  • These cookies are always so festive, But to add some flare we place cream cheese frosting in the middle and roll the edges in colorful sprinkles.   
3. Kissing Brownies (name courtesy of Sydnie). 
  • Brownie mix (from the box) follow the instructions. Then add M&M's as soon as you take the brownie pan out of the oven.
  • Also I don't know why she calls them kissing brownies, she's been saying that since she was 2. 
4. Strawberry Rice Krispies aka Berry Crisps.
  • This is Shayne's favorite recipe. He actually got this from his 1st grade teacher years ago. We drizzle some pink food coloring into the marshmallow fluff and add slices of strawberries into the mixture before we put it in the refrigerator. 

Ingredients

  • 1 (10.5 oz) bag of mini marshmallows
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • Pink food coloring
  • 6 cups rice crispies cereal
  • 6 Strawberries sliced


Directions


  1. Melt butter and mini marshmallows over low heat. When the marshmallows are completely melted, mix in the 3-5 drops o
  2. Remove from heat and carefully stir in the rice crispies until evenly coated.
  3. Pour the batter into a lined or greased 13"x9" pan and press down.
  4. Add sliced strawberries.
  5. Wait until cooled and cut to serve.


and just like that you've got yourself and delicious night of LOVE. 
Make sure to tag me on IG so we can celebrate together. Also check out my vlog so you can see our full dinner prep and how we decorated for Valentine day in IRL. 

Well thank you for coming to chat with me today. I do pray you come by again, Same time next week? You bring the tea and I will bring the treats.

With Blessings & the Peace of God,

xoxo, Chevonne. 


















                       
                                    
                           
       

































Add your comment

@this.is.me_chevonne

overflow: hidden; }